The seven tag
Sheetal tagged me to tell you random things about myself in lists of seven. So here goes:
Seven things I can't begin to fathom
1. The fuss about candles, particularly, perfumed candles. Why bother, apart from lighting up during power cuts.
2. The fascination with hand-made soaps. Give me Pears soap or Body Shop/Bath & Body Works shower gels any day. And surely, there's not as much regulation of the chemicals that go into hand-made soap, unlike with MNCs-made soap.
3. The reason for instant segregation of an Indian get-together into males and females. Been seeing it at all the banker dos all my life and then recently at an Indian restaurant here.
4. The compulsion to wear mini skirts, loooow necks and 6-inch spikes and not much else when the temperature in minus something Celsius. Can't stop marvelling at the difference in thermostats. I mean, here I am dressed in 4 layers of warmth and hat, and coat and gloves and scarves. And there they are--the fashionable hordes in the blue of health!
5. Long-winded books. Where's the editor? Get to the point.
6. This drooling over choloate. Why, whaffor?
7. Why men dislike Julia Roberts. Beats me, utterly.
Seven things I plan to do
1. Party, party, party once more. Hey I'm hitting India in Dec. Why else for?
2. Organise my cupboard, filing cabinet and desk top. No motivation. Will wait till I can't find what I'm looking for.
3. Read at least one book in a sitting. As I used to for the larger part of my life.
4. Get a wallet in a very visible colour. So I don't have to hunt for an hour everytime I need to pull out change.
5. Eat healthy food. Eat, not necessarily cook, more veggies and fruits.
6. Drink more water. I will, I will, I shall.
7. Exercise. Shiamak, where are you? It'll have to be walks, even if it means giving up my lunch hour.
Seven things I can't begin to fathom
1. The fuss about candles, particularly, perfumed candles. Why bother, apart from lighting up during power cuts.
2. The fascination with hand-made soaps. Give me Pears soap or Body Shop/Bath & Body Works shower gels any day. And surely, there's not as much regulation of the chemicals that go into hand-made soap, unlike with MNCs-made soap.
3. The reason for instant segregation of an Indian get-together into males and females. Been seeing it at all the banker dos all my life and then recently at an Indian restaurant here.
4. The compulsion to wear mini skirts, loooow necks and 6-inch spikes and not much else when the temperature in minus something Celsius. Can't stop marvelling at the difference in thermostats. I mean, here I am dressed in 4 layers of warmth and hat, and coat and gloves and scarves. And there they are--the fashionable hordes in the blue of health!
5. Long-winded books. Where's the editor? Get to the point.
6. This drooling over choloate. Why, whaffor?
7. Why men dislike Julia Roberts. Beats me, utterly.
Seven things I plan to do
1. Party, party, party once more. Hey I'm hitting India in Dec. Why else for?
2. Organise my cupboard, filing cabinet and desk top. No motivation. Will wait till I can't find what I'm looking for.
3. Read at least one book in a sitting. As I used to for the larger part of my life.
4. Get a wallet in a very visible colour. So I don't have to hunt for an hour everytime I need to pull out change.
5. Eat healthy food. Eat, not necessarily cook, more veggies and fruits.
6. Drink more water. I will, I will, I shall.
7. Exercise. Shiamak, where are you? It'll have to be walks, even if it means giving up my lunch hour.

5 Comments:
:) i still remember how you and sudeshna would go for your dance lessons. you showed me the steps one day in a fit of excitement!!
And Monica went for a Shiamak friend's wedding. And drools over Shahid Kapoor - who used to your instructor? at once time.
How can you not like handmade soaps - blasphemy i say.
Though I agree about chocolates - who cares?
Sudeshna should have stuck with the dancercise. It's good for us sedentary types who find exercising a bore.
More evidence that Monica is now part of the Shiamak family. And I'm not getting you any handmade soaps this time.
Shiamak!!!! Sabiha I still remember our classes together. What fun!
sabs you have been tagged. make a list of your 10 favourite foods.
Post a Comment
<< Home